Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The one about the pile 'o books


For some reason I really got back into reading after I read Twilight a few years back. I got to the end of that book and just keep going. I now have a trail of books that I have read. I can't get enough reading.
Thank-goodness for the many Amazon GCs I received for my birthday and Christmas this past month! So hard not to blow it all at once, ya know?

Also, my friend Amanda turned me on to paperbackswap a couple of years ago and I have traded so many books thru that site.

Like my friend Amy Grendell, I am hooked on YA novels. We both seem to read the same stuff. At the same time I have been obsessed with Chernobyl. I remember when that happened when I was in 11th grade and it scared me. I recently saw the Destination Truth team go in into Pripyat a few months ago and I have been hooked on it ever since. It is terrifying and interesting at the same time. I had three books going on Chernobyl and have finished all but one.

If you are on Goodreads, come be my friend and we can recommend books to one another. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

I am on Good Reads and Shelfari so I will add you. I wanted to let you know about PaperBackSwap.com too. Its an online book swapping site that has saved me a lot of money because I am a voracious reader! Check it out.
Good to see you back in the blogging world.
Hugs

10:36 PM, January 12, 2010  
Anonymous AmyG said...

Marilyn :) What is in your stack here?? Is the Immortal book one of the Evermore, blue moon,etc series?

11:34 PM, January 12, 2010  
Blogger Pam said...

You ought to check out Half.com where you can buy books really cheap, and PaperBackSwap.com where you can trade books for just the cost of shipping. You'll save a ton of money on either site!

11:49 PM, January 12, 2010  
Blogger Beehive Art Salon said...

I don't even look for books anymore, Marilyn...I just check out what you're reading!! (It's usually scary, but that's okay :) It's fun to have a friend with the same taste in books! Thanks

1:53 PM, January 14, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love paperbackswap, too!

I am alson on Shelfari.com-
it is a MUST for readers!
Check it out- if you make a shelf let us know so we can peek!

5:03 PM, January 17, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home