Monday, January 04, 2010

The one about vintage lace




It's been a long time!

I thought I'd share what I do in my "spare" time. Not that anyone really has any spare time---lol---but when I'm watching TV with DH and I need something to do with my hands....


I crochet little edgings with size 60 or 80 crochet thread. I have nothing really in mind for these, but I do them all the same length, about 24 inches long. Since you can't find patterns like this nowadays, I buy vintage crochet pattern books published the 1930's, 40's and 50's. I am NOT a doily person. You won't find any doilies in my house, but I do love the look of these delicate laces.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Stewart said...

Marilyn, those are absolutely gorgeous. What a wonderful idea! And yes, they look very vintage. :)


Jennifer

5:32 PM, January 04, 2010  
Anonymous Emily Mortimer said...

I'm so excited you blogged! And now...I think you should teach us how to do this at an art group! I'm not sure I would be able to...but I would love to try! Have you ever tried tatting? One of my cousins taught herself how to do it...it's so cool to watch...and all of the older grandchildren in our family remember our grandmother doing it for hours!

8:40 PM, January 04, 2010  
Blogger Maija said...

Good to see you back here again Marilyn!! I love your crochet laces!!!

6:29 AM, January 05, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

SELL THEM!
They would embellish an altered book so nicely! They are beautiful...

welcome back.

BTW- are there any 'good' crafting/scrappy/cool classes in Utah?

9:02 AM, January 05, 2010  
Blogger HOLLY said...

how pretty.

10:04 AM, January 06, 2010  
Blogger Ella said...

Gorgeous....are you going to sell these...you should!

7:38 AM, January 12, 2010  
Blogger MamaBug said...

Simply beautiful! I do hope these show up in your Etsy shop. ;)

9:46 PM, January 12, 2010  
Blogger Lee Weber said...

Very pretty! Tammy's mom does amazing tatting and crochet work, you'd love her. Keep blogging, I love your stuff. hugs-

7:13 AM, January 20, 2010  
Blogger Dede Warren said...

These are beautiful Marilyn. My friend Nancy and I were just saying the patience you must have to do such detailed work. How wonderful they are!!!

10:19 AM, February 21, 2010  
Blogger Fiona said...

These lace patterns look so lovely - and I'm sure you'll put them to good use

5:39 AM, March 01, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home